The families of PCS are all committed followers of Jesus who desire above all else to see their children grow in faith and discipleship. Thus, while we admire and affirm Christian schools that are expressly evangelistic, our ministry is focused on believing families. PCS acts as an extension of each family in the school, supporting discipleship in an environment of educational excellence. We worship together, pray together, teach the Bible, and desire for our students to have a relationship with Jesus. Parents are highly involved in this mission and therefore must agree with our biblical beliefs below. By helping to teach our children, praying for each other, and serving other families, our families become a covenant community with a corporate responsibility to provide a Christ-centered education.
We are a covenant Christian school. As such, we are a ministry to the Body of Christ. We thus require that at least one parent demonstrates a strong personal relationship with Jesus Christ, is part of an evangelical church and holds to the following Biblical truths:
- We believe the Bible is the written word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and without error. The Bible is the revelation of God’s truth and is infallible and authoritative in all matters of faith and practice. (II Timothy 3:15, II Peter 1:21).
- We believe in the Holy Trinity. There is one God, who exists eternally in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. (Genesis 1:1, Matthew 28:1,9, John 10:30).
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God who through His perfect life and sacrificial death atoned for the sins of all who will trust in Him, alone, for salvation. We believe in Jesus’ bodily resurrection, ascension to Heaven and that He intercedes on our behalf at the right hand of God the Father. We believe that Jesus will return, bodily and visibly, to judge all mankind and to receive His people to Himself; those whom the Holy Spirit leads to repentance and faith in Jesus Christ will be resurrected to eternal life, those who reject our Savior will be resurrected to eternal damnation. (John 10:33; Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23, Luke 1:35; I Corinthians 1-5:3, Ephesians 1:7, Hebrews 2:9; Hebrews 4:15,7:26; John 2:11; John 11:25; I Corinthians 15:4; Mark 16:19; Acts 1:11, Revelation 19:11).
- We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature; and that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ and that salvation is by God alone. We believe His choice is based on His grace, not on any human individual merit, and that all are sinners and totally unable to save themselves from God’s displeasure, except by His mercy. (John 3:16-19 and 5:24, Romans 3:23 and 5:8-9, Ephesians 2:8-10, Titus 3:5).
- We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells God’s people and gives them the strength and wisdom to trust Christ and follow Him and that all aspects of our lives are to be lived to the glory of God under the Lordship of Jesus Christ. (Romans 8:13-14,1 Corinthians 3:l-6 and 6:19-20, Ephesians 4:30 and 5:18).
- We believe that believers are bound together through spiritual unity in our Lord Jesus Christ. We believe that God is gracious and faithful to His people not simply as individuals but as families in successive generations according to His Covenant promises. (Romans 8:9, We Corinthians 12:12-13, Galatians 3:26-28).
- We believe that God created man in His own image and therefore all life is sacred. (Genesis 1:27,31).
As part of the application process, you will be asked to sign a document that lists these beliefs indicating your agreement.